Harley-Davidson Footwear brings out a new riding boot that has function and STYLE, not to mention supports the fight against Breast Cancer. The Madison boot is part of Harley-Davidson’s Pink Label Collection and proceeds from the entire line will be donated to help fund breast cancer support groups. No need to wear a riding boot that looks like something the guys wear, this boot has a 3″ stacked heel and buckled straps along with bright pink stitch accents to go with the pink bar-n-shield. The Madison features a zipper at the back for easy “in and out”. Available at select Harley-Davidson dealers this fall. For more info visit Harley-davidsonfootwear.com
Is it just us, or is it not fall ’till you bake an Apple dessert? Try this awesome apple treat, it’s a big hit at fall party’s and goes perfect with warm cider by the bon fire.
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tespoon salt
• 2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
• 8 – 10 tablespoons cold water
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 3 1/2 pounds tart cooking apples (such as Rome Beauty or Granny Smith), peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch slices (10 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl stir together 2 1/4 cups flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the cold water over part of the flour mixture; toss gently with a fork. Push moistened pastry to side of bowl. Repeat with additional cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all of the flour mixture is moistened. Gather flour mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together.
2. On a lightly floured surface slightly flatten pastry. Roll pastry from center to edges into a 19×13-inch rectangle. Wrap pastry rectangle around rolling pin; unroll into a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Ease pastry into baking pan without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edges of pan. Fold under extra pastry even with edges of pan. Crimp edges as desired.
3. In an extra-large bowl combine sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and cinnamon. Add apples; toss gently to coat. Transfer apple mixture to the pastry-lined baking pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with Crumb Topping (pan will be full).
4. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and filling is bubbly. If necessary, loosely cover top with foil during the last 5 to 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 25 pieces. If desired, transfer pieces to a large disposable foil pan. Tightly cover slab pie pieces in pan and let stand at room temperature overnight.*
• 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/2 cup pecans
1. In a large bowl, stir together quick-cooking rolled oats, packed brown sugar, and all-purpose flour. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until topping mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in chopped pecans.
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the family at Mustang Seats, LLC wanted to do their part. The “Comfort For A Cause” campaign, complete with the hallmark pink ribbons, was created to support the Breast Cancer Research Foundation’s efforts to find a cure. Mustang is helping people to “think pink.”
“We wanted to find a way to honor the survival, determination and compassion of those fighting breast cancer in a way that was uniquely Mustang,” says Marketing Director Marilyn Simmons. “Comfort For A Cause is a perfect way for us to do our part.” Mustang will donate $10 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation for each limited edition seat sold during the month of October.
According to Marilyn, BCRF was selected as the charity of choice because 91% of the funds raised go directly to breast cancer research and awareness programs. “We believe we can make a positive impact by working with BCRF and it is comforting to know that 88% of the money raised goes right to research. The remaining 3% is going to the awareness campaign… which is where our pink seats can help call attention to this worthy cause!”
Speaking of the seats, customers have a choice of pink ribbons, contrasting pink stitching or even entire inlays! Please note that the location of the ribbons may vary depending on the type of seat and not all seats can be customized. For more details or to order, please contact the Mustang customer service hotline at (800) 243-1392, or visit mustangseats.com