The weather is finally breaking, so lets go out and play! Who wants to be stuck inside cooking? Here is a great recipe for a slow cooker meal that will leave with 7-8 hours of play time, then come on home to a ready to eat warm meal.
Chicken Edamame Chowder
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 12 ounce package frozen sweet soybeans (edamame)
• 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped green sweet pepper (1 large)
• 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
• 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped*
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 2 teaspoons ground coriander
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 14 1/2 ounce can chicken broth
• 1 8 ounce carton sour cream
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
• Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
• Snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until light brown. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine chicken, frozen soy beans, sweet pepper, onion, jalapeno peppers, cumin, coriander, salt, and black pepper. Pour broth over mixture in cooker. Stir to combine.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
3. If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting. In a small bowl combine sour cream and flour. Thinly slice zucchini. Stir sour cream mixture and zucchini into chicken mixture. Cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes more or until mixture is thickened and zucchini is crisp-tender.
4. If desired, serve topped with cheese and cilantro.
Really, is there anything better than new socks? Well, we found a pair that will be sure to make your feet ready to take on more miles and keep you out enjoying the fun without the foot fatigue.
Harley-Davidson Footwear in partnership with Wolverine Worldwide offer a new line of men’s and women’s performance socks for warm and cold climates.
Using the same principle of performance footwear that looks as good as it protects, these socks have been thoughtfully designed using premium Merino Wool and Ultra Dri ™ fibers along with expert craftsmanship to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
Divided into two categories, H-D Performance Warm and H-D Performance Cool, both provide embedded arch support, moisture control and ventilation panels for air circulation. Harley-Davidson Footwear Performance socks can be found at select Harley-Davidson dealers nationwide. Check them out online at harleydavidsonfootwear.com
We also want to point out this years winner of the Garage-Girls Ultimate Biker Makeover will be scoring a pair of these socks along with a wardrobe of shoes from Harley-Davidson Footwear, so get your entries in!
Hurry Up, send in your submissions to win The Garage Girls Ultimate Biker Makeover, brought to you by GEICO powersports.
How would you like to score a HUGE list of parts and accessories for you and your bike? You can, if you enter the Garage-Girls Ultimate Biker Makeover. Deadline is June 7th 2013.
Contestants (guys and girls) must submit a 600 words or less essay – describing why they are most in need of a biker makeover as well as a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 7th 2013. Submissions will be narrowed down to the final four by selected judges from Garage-Girls. From there, the judges will decide who they feel most deserves the Ultimate Biker Makeover and will take home all the prizes which include; A wardrobe of shoes from Harley-Davidson Footwear, a case of full synthetic oil from Spectro Oils, A new Mustang Motorcycle Seat, a set of tires from AVON Tyres, a cool kit cleaning kit from Wizards, jacket and gloves from Hot Leathers and MUCH MORE!!