While waiting for Spring to get here and warm us up, this recipe makes the wait much more enjoyable. Who doesn’t love Chicken Tortilla Soup?
• 2 14 ounce can chicken broth with roasted garlic
• 1 14 1/2 ounce can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
• 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 10 ounces)
• 2 cups frozen (yellow, green, and red) peppers and onion stir-fry vegetables
• 1 cup tortilla chips
Sliced fresh jalapeno chile peppers* (optional)
1. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine broth, undrained tomatoes, chicken, and frozen vegetables.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
3. To serve, ladle soup into warm soup bowls and top with tortilla chips. If desired, top with chile peppers. Makes 4 servings.
nutrition facts Servings Per Recipe 4, cal. (kcal) 181, Fat, total (g) 4, chol. (mg) 36, sat. fat (g) 1, carb. (g) 19, fiber (g) 1, pro. (g) 18, sodium (mg) 1383, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet