So in keeping theme with our “low budget stay in Valentines night”, here is a yummy treat you can whip up to make the night a little more special!
• 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh raspberries
• 3 tablespoons raspberry liqueur or milk
• 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
• 2 cups raspberry or other berry gelato or ice cream
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/3 cup chopped chocolate bars, crushed shortbread cookies, or chocolate wafer cookies To top drink: Chocolate bars, shortbread cookies, or chocolate wafer cookies
1.Thaw raspberries, if frozen. Place 1 cup berries in blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Press pureed berries through fine-mesh sieve into bowl. Discard seeds. Add liqueur and jam to pureed berries; whisk until smooth.
2. For frappe, in blender or processor combine berry mixture, gelato, and milk. Cover and blend or process just until combined, stopping blender to scrape down sides as needed. Stir in chopped chocolate or crushed cookies.
3. Divide remaining berries and frappe between two chilled glasses. Top with chocolate or cookies. Serve with long-handled spoons. Makes 2 servings.