Another cold weekend this winter, oh yay!!! How about a yummy warm casserole to fill ya up and make you warm! This one is pure comfort food!
• 1 pound bulk pork sausage
• 4 medium zucchini
• 1 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
• 1 8 ounce carton sour cream
• 4 cups chicken-flavor stuffing mix
• 1/3 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 3-quart baking dish; set aside. In a 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until brown. Drain off fat. Return sausage to skillet.
2. Meanwhile, halve zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces. Add zucchini to sausage in skillet. In a small bowl, combine soup and sour cream; stir into sausage mixture. In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix and melted butter.
3. Spoon half of the stuffing mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread sausage mixture over stuffing in dish. Spoon the remaining stuffing mixture evenly over sausage mixture. Bake, covered, about 30 minutes or until heated through. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Servings Per Recipe 8, Calories 487, Protein (gm) 14, Carbohydrate (gm) 28, Fat, total (gm) 34, Cholesterol (mg) 70, Saturated fat (gm) 16, Monosaturated fat (gm) 14, Polyunsaturated fat (gm) 4, Dietary Fiber, total (gm) 2, Sugar, total (gm) 5, Vitamin A (IU) 972, Vitamin C (mg) 8, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 40, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, Sodium (mg) 1128, Potassium (mg) 497, Calcium (DV %) 91, Iron (DV %) 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet