When was the last time you had a Sunday Family Dinner? Try this great recipe and gather everyone around the dinner table this weekend!
•1 2 to 2-1/2-pound beef tenderloin
•2 tablespoons cooking oil
•1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
•1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
•1/4 teaspoon salt or 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt*
•4 sprigs fresh rosemary
•4 sprigs fresh oregano
•4 sprigs fresh thyme
•1 recipe Mushroom Tumble and/or Horseradish Cream
• Snipped fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 250F. Drizzle meat with oil. Rub garlic evenly over the surface of the tenderloin. Sprinkle with pepper and salt. Set aside.
2. Place rosemary, oregano, and thyme sprigs in the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Add a roasting rack. Place tenderloin on rack.
3. Roast tenderloin, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 425F. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 135F. Remove from oven. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes.
4. Serve roast with Mushroom Tumble and/or Horseradish Cream. Garnish with snipped fresh thyme. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
5. *Note: Sea salt is derived from evaporated sea water. It has a bright, pure, clean flavor. Kosher salt is used in the preparation of meat according to Jewish dietary law. Kosher salt comes in flakes, not granules. Because it dissolves easily, its taste isn’t as strong as regular salt.
6. Mushroom Tumble: In very large bowl place 6 cups assorted mushrooms, such as chanterelle, portobello, shiitake, and oyster (halve or slice any large mushrooms and remove any tough stems). Add 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce; toss to combine. In a 12-inch skillet cook mushrooms over medium heat until about 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper.
7. Horseradish Cream: In a small bowl stir together one 8-ounce carton dairy sour cream, 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper. Serve immediately, or cover and chill for up to 3 days. If refrigerated, let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Makes 1 cup.
•Calories316, Total Fat (g)20, Saturated Fat (g)5, Monounsaturated Fat (g)9, Polyunsaturated Fat (g)3, Cholesterol (mg)87, Sodium (mg)238, Carbohydrate (g)3, Total Sugar (g)2, Fiber (g)1, Protein (g)32, Vitamin C (DV%)3, Calcium (DV%)1, Iron (DV%)24, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet