So easy to make and perfect for Holiday gatherings!
•1 15-ounce package rolled refrigerated unbaked piecrust (2 crusts)
•1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
•1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
•1/4 cup finely chopped peppered or smoked cooked ham
•1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion or 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh chives
•1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
•1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed
•1/8 teaspoon salt
•1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
•3 eggs, slightly beaten
•1/2 cup half-and-half, light cream, or milk
• Fresh herb springs, such as basil, oregano or thyme (optional)
1. Let piecrusts stand at room temperature according to package directions. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut each piecrust into four equal sections (eight sections total). Press sections of piecrust onto the bottom and up the sides of eight, 4-inch fluted individual tart pans* with removable bottoms. Trim excess dough from top of pans.
2. Line each pastry shell with a double thickness of foil. Place pans on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 7 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 2 to 3 minutes more or until pastry is set and dry. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
3. In a medium bowl combine shredded Italian cheese blend, red sweet pepper, ham, green onion, flour, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Divide mixture evenly among pastry shells.
4. In the same bowl beat together eggs and half-and-half. Pour egg mixture over filling mixture in each pastry shell. Bake for 20 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, top with a fresh herb sprig.
5. Makes 8 individual servings
6. To make one large quiche: Line a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom with one piecrust (reserve remaining piecrust for another use). Line with double thickness of foil. Bake in 400 degrees F. oven for 7 minutes. Remove foil; bake 8 to 9 minutes longer or until pastry is set, dry and lightly browned. Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly in shell. Pour egg mixture over cheese. Bake in 325 degrees F oven for 30 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
•Calories317, Total Fat (g)20, Saturated Fat (g)9, Cholesterol (mg)102, Sodium (mg)391, Carbohydrate (g)28, Protein (g)6, Vitamin C (DV%)20, Calcium (DV%)8, Iron (DV%)3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet