Well no excuse, your going to have Pumkins carved this weekend, so why not whip up a batch of these tasty TREATS for your Halloween Weekend!
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1-2/3 cups sugar
• 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
• 4 eggs
• 1 cup cooking oil
• 3/4 cup toasted chopped pecans (optional)
• 1 recipe Cream Cheese Frosting (see recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat together sugar, pumpkin, eggs, and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in the flour mixture until well mixed. If desired, stir in pecans.
2. Spread batter in an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Prepare Cream Cheese Frosting; spread over top Cut into bars. Top with desired toppings. Store in the refrigerator. Makes 24 bars.
Cream Cheese Frosting: In a large mixing bowl, combine two 3-ounce packages cream cheese, softened; 1/2 cup butter, softened; and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually add 4 cups sifted powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
• Servings Per Recipe 24 bars Calories315, Total Fat (g)17, Saturated Fat (g)6, Cholesterol (mg)54, Sodium (mg)184, Carbohydrate (g)40, Fiber (g)1, Protein (g)3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet